Philosophy Online Forum  
16/03/09 @ 03:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Suggestions for the Fourth Book (the REAL vote that counts...)  (Read 1008 times)
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« on: 06/11/08 @ 13:23 »

As you may or may not know, I am in the midst of writing a series of philosophy books for Blackwell. My guide to Descartes's Meditations has been out since November 2007, and December 2008 will see the publication of my guide to Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil (see here). I am also currently working on a beginner's guide to theory of knowledge/epistemology, which hopefully will be out around August 2009.

As regards the fourth book, it was going to be a guide to Sartre's Existentialism and Humanism. However, as you also may or may not know, the A-level Philosophy syllabus has now changed and Sartre has been removed from the set text list. So, since A-level students are one target audience for the books, it would make sense to choose a different topic.

Therefore, I have listed some of the main contenders. The book will be aimed at students and general readers worldwide, so don't feel that you can only vote if you are an A-level student in the UK. Also, if there is topic that you think should be there and is not, then please check the "Other" box and add a comment below.

Note: If you are reading this on the front page of the site, go here to vote. You will need to register in the forum to vote and see the results so far.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Gareth Southwell.
« Last Edit: 08/11/08 @ 13:30 by Gareth Southwell » Logged

This site is 100% free. To support it, you can Buy Books, Buy Art, Advertise, or Pay for Tutoring. For questions, please visit the FAQs.
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: