Philosophy Online Forum  
29/06/09 @ 18:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 10227 times)
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: 02/05/09 @ 16:04 »

Hello Mr Dwelling  Grin

Welcome to the forum.

This site is 100% free. To support it, you can Buy Books, Buy Art, Advertise, or Pay for Tutoring. For questions, please visit the FAQs.
MrAbsaloute

« Reply #61 on: 05/05/09 @ 09:14 »

Hi! To confirm your membership, just add a comment to this post (click the "Reply" button) - and say as little or as much about yourself as you want.

Hello, I'm MrAbsaloute the only absaloute thing in the universe. Joking, how is everybody?
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: 05/05/09 @ 13:53 »

Finally! I've been looking for an absolute!

Welcome to the forum. I'm fine thanks - busy, but usually around!

This site is 100% free. To support it, you can Buy Books, Buy Art, Advertise, or Pay for Tutoring. For questions, please visit the FAQs.
logicalroy

« Reply #63 on: 07/05/09 @ 08:04 »

Hello,

I am Roy.  I have studied philosophy in the USA for three and a half years; I could have graduated with a philosophy degree from college, but instead I chose an english degree over philosophy.  Mainly because people who make a decent living in philosophy have usually obtained a PHD degree .  I am a logical person and I have a facination with logic which is why I use logic as part of my screen name.  My other philosophical interests are epistemology and normative ethics.
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: 07/05/09 @ 11:47 »

Hi Roy,

Thanks for joining, and welcome to the forum.

Ah yes, I too was once tempted by English...but I remained true to my calling, and (even though I now have a PhD) am still penniless!

Logic isn't my biggest interest or strongest suit, but I am currently trying to address that. Normative ethics is always interesting, and I'm currently right in the middle of writing the next book, which is on epistemology and metaphysics.

So, please post away!

Olivia

« Reply #65 on: 28/05/09 @ 22:30 »

Hello! I'm Olivia and I am studying Philosophy at A level and am really looking forward to, but also a bit scared about doing it at uni this October. My fave so far is John Stuart Mill but I think I also like a bit of Nietzsche and Greek philosophy. I found philosophy of mind extremely complicated but I like a challenge. When I finish my degree/ma/phd (ha!) I'm going to cycle round the world because that's my 'experiment in living.'
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: 28/05/09 @ 22:32 »

Hi Olivia,

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your uni studies - and with round the world cycling - sounds tiring - have you thought of a plane, or even a car?  Grin

maxx

« Reply #67 on: 29/05/09 @ 17:37 »

Hello

Im Max....

I enjoy Eastern Philosophy particularly:

Lao tzu, Confucius, Buddha etc., but Western also.....
donovm2

« Reply #68 on: 29/05/09 @ 18:23 »

Hi. 
I'm sure we'll say more to each other later.
Glad to see there is such a place for these types of discussion. 
See you soon.

Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: 29/05/09 @ 18:29 »

Hi Max, Hi donovm2 - welcome to the forum. I look forward to your contributions!

axw820

« Reply #70 on: 29/05/09 @ 20:58 »

Hi everyone! I'm Alex and I'm really bored at home (I'm a Philosophy student and it's summer holidays) so though I might try some mildly productive procrastination!
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: 29/05/09 @ 21:28 »

Productive procrastination is always welcome! Thanks for joining Alex.

lvnlfsm

« Reply #72 on: 30/05/09 @ 00:14 »

Hi!
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: 30/05/09 @ 06:34 »

Hi there! I'm looking at your name, and it's driving me mad: "lvnlfsm" - does it stand for something? Obviously something learned and clever...hmmmm....

Gabriel

« Reply #74 on: 30/05/09 @ 21:07 »

Hello, am new am Gabriel...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: