Philosophy Online Forum  
18/02/09 @ 02:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 4006 times)
TiredCharles

« Reply #30 on: 31/01/09 @ 10:50 »

Sorry about the double post, but is this forum alive any more?  Not sure if anyone is even here.  All of the latest posts in the topics are pretty old.  I read the info on the forum and this seems more of a place to assist students than to have philosophical discussions.  Is it both?
tokyobeatbox

« Reply #31 on: 02/02/09 @ 21:39 »

Hello,

Hello, my name''s Gareth and I''m posting for the first time. I''m joining because, together with my friend Jim, I''ve started to record regular free podcasts that are ''idiot guides'' to philosophy. Jim and I are the self-confessed idiots(!) and thought it would be fun/informative to record our experiences as people completely new to the debates and issues that arise from studying philosophy. So, in one sense this post is a shameless plug for our podcasts, but in another it''s hopefully a chance for Jim and I to get some feedback on our work - if any of you would be kind enough to listen and comment, it''d be great to include your feedback in future shows.

You can find us by typing ''two wise men podcasts'' into the iTunes store, and subscribing, or by visiting twowisemen.mypodcast.com It''s completely free, so you''ve nothing to lose!

Inevitably, we get lost in our own digressions and poor jokes(!), but we are genuinely interested in the debates we encounter, and we''d be thrilled if any of you would be kind enough to listen.
sononellemerde

« Reply #32 on: 10/02/09 @ 01:32 »

Hello,

I am sononellemerde x
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: 10/02/09 @ 23:30 »

Hi Tired Charles,

Yes, the forum is still alive. Also, whilst I do occasionally help students with questions, the forum IS intended for interested people to discuss things - it just hasn''t really got going yet (the board has been up about 6 months).

Sorry about the double post, but is this forum alive any more?  Not sure if anyone is even here.  All of the latest posts in the topics are pretty old.  I read the info on the forum and this seems more of a place to assist students than to have philosophical discussions.  Is it both?
« Last Edit: 10/02/09 @ 23:38 by Gareth Southwell » Logged

This site is 100% free. To support it, you can Buy Books, Buy Art, Advertise, or Pay for Tutoring. For questions, please visit the FAQs.
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: 10/02/09 @ 23:40 »

Hi to all the new members,

I must apologise for my absense, but I should be a more regular presence on the board soon. If you want some advice on anything, then feel free to post (I will try to get round to replying soon).

All the best,

Gareth.

This site is 100% free. To support it, you can Buy Books, Buy Art, Advertise, or Pay for Tutoring. For questions, please visit the FAQs.
abirami

« Reply #35 on: 11/02/09 @ 11:04 »

Hi

1. Nothing remains the same.

2. Everything except the order remains the same.

3. Everything except the order can never be disordered.
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: 11/02/09 @ 11:23 »

Hi Abirami,

Welcome to the forum. I''m not quite sure what your 3 statements mean - what is the "order"? Perhaps you could expand upon this in another section of the forum? This bit is just for saying hello.

Rob

« Reply #37 on: 11/02/09 @ 15:31 »

Greetings all.
I''m Rob, I''m currently applying for various universities to study philosophy. I have no formal qualifications in the subject and only know what little I do through reading Nietzsche, Camus, and Dostoevsky; whilst these are my ''favorites'' I have also read a little Wittgenstein, Russel, (John) Gray, Sartre, Descartes and Plato. Would be up for talking to anyone concerning anything as I am very interested in learning and enjoy debating.
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: 11/02/09 @ 15:51 »

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your contributions!

Paco

« Reply #39 on: 12/02/09 @ 13:26 »

hi, im currently studying Nietzsche and  amfinding your book very useful
Thanks
--Paco--xxx
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: 13/02/09 @ 14:05 »

Hi Paco,

That''s great - thanks for letting me know. Any other feedback would be welcome.

Welcome to the forum!

Pages: 1 2 [3] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: