Philosophy Online Forum  
13/08/10 @ 13:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 32820 times)
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #120 on: 08/06/10 @ 11:18 »

Hi there,

Good to have you. Discussion is quite sedate, but ticks along.

Good luck with PhD/band aspirations. What do you plan to do your PhD on?

This site is 100% free. To support it, you can Buy Books, Buy Art, Advertise, or Pay for Tutoring. For questions, please visit the FAQs.
badioutothebone

« Reply #121 on: 09/06/10 @ 14:32 »

Hi there,

Good to have you. Discussion is quite sedate, but ticks along.

Good luck with PhD/band aspirations. What do you plan to do your PhD on?

I've not got anything too specific, but my MA dissertation focussed on Laclau and Mouffe, Foucault and Miranda Fricker as a sort of interjection in the Rawls/Sandel debate.  I guess all of that modern continental stuff is my bag, looking at theories of the subject and political philosophy in particular.  I'm hoping to get more focussed in the next year or so, hopefully so that someone will help fund it all.  I'm surprised at how few services there are to give advice on this, compared to the vast range of places you can go for help on starting a degree (and even a masters).

"Ain't no devil, just God when he's drunk"  (Tom Waits).
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #122 on: 10/06/10 @ 07:34 »

Sounds interesting. I like Foucault, but am not otherwise that big on continental stuff.

PhD advice: I know what you mean. Funding is very rare, and getting rarer (especially in philosophy). You may get lucky and find a bursary at an institution that suits you (they come up fairly regularly with various conditions attached). The Philos-L mailing list is a good thing to join, and also Jobs.ac.uk. Good luck!

This site is 100% free. To support it, you can Buy Books, Buy Art, Advertise, or Pay for Tutoring. For questions, please visit the FAQs.
passionatephilosopher

« Reply #123 on: 11/06/10 @ 09:40 »

Hi,

I am Dan and I like to learn and share about Philosophy.

Regards,
Dan
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #124 on: 11/06/10 @ 09:41 »

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum. Share away!

kingsley

« Reply #125 on: 14/06/10 @ 16:55 »

Hi! To confirm your membership, just add a comment to this post (click the "Reply" button) - and say as little or as much about yourself as you want.
hi guys,its nice been part of u.i am a philosophy freak. i would be asking many questions later on,so get ready.for instance i ve always postulate that man does not exist because he is not real. see u later.
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #126 on: 14/06/10 @ 17:11 »

Hi Kingsley,

Welcome to the forum - we look forward to your contribution.

badioutothebone

« Reply #127 on: 26/06/10 @ 17:31 »

Sounds interesting. I like Foucault, but am not otherwise that big on continental stuff.

PhD advice: I know what you mean. Funding is very rare, and getting rarer (especially in philosophy). You may get lucky and find a bursary at an institution that suits you (they come up fairly regularly with various conditions attached). The Philos-L mailing list is a good thing to join, and also Jobs.ac.uk. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice.  I've signed up to the Philos-L list and already I've seen more opportunities than in several years of searching on my own.  When I'm a famous philosopher, I'll give you some credit.

"Ain't no devil, just God when he's drunk"  (Tom Waits).
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #128 on: 26/06/10 @ 23:18 »

You're welcome!  Grin

Ludwig

« Reply #129 on: 29/06/10 @ 01:17 »

Hello. Smiley
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #130 on: 29/06/10 @ 07:54 »

Hi Ludwig,

Welcome to the forum.

skeptic23

« Reply #131 on: 03/07/10 @ 03:07 »

Howdy! Looking for discussion. Thanks!
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #132 on: 03/07/10 @ 10:07 »

Welcome! I note that you are the 23rd sceptic on this forum.  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: