Philosophy Online Forum  
18/06/09 @ 13:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: on Nietzsche and more  (Read 355 times)
wicked insanity

« Reply #15 on: 15/06/09 @ 08:59 »

Yes it may be seen as absurd to believe in something so irrational it certainly is metaphysical. Why bubbles? I don't know that's just a suggestion. Hence why in my OP i described the experience as almost transendental in the act of a leap of faith. Although, it may more likely be more ordered and a world controlled by (A) and evil demon (B)machines (C) some other highly intelligent being (D) God. I dont know and never will know, the bubbles thing was just an illustration of an idea.

Perhaps, something from the real world influenced me to believe in it, or just a random thought process, I get quite a few of those. But that is a separate argument of where do our thoughts come from. But tbh, most likely my ideas are influenced by the media, hence all the references to The Matrix trilogy. Now I don't expect to be dodging bullets any time soon, you must play by the rules still, even if it is not Real.
Of cause Nietzsche despised Descartes Cogito as a grammatical expolit and considering my theory is heavily based on this, i doubt he would be all too impressed.
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: 15/06/09 @ 09:04 »

Indeed - well put. This isn't to say that we shouldn't give time to such irrational thoughts - Nietzsche himself wasn't hyper rational - but just that we need to examine them as much as we can.

Good chatting with you on this - let me know if you get any developments!

This site is 100% free. To support it, you can Buy Books, Buy Art, Advertise, or Pay for Tutoring. For questions, please visit the FAQs.
wicked insanity

« Reply #17 on: 15/06/09 @ 09:08 »

Yh thanks for discussing this, i really appreciate it. It's not often that you get to talk to like minded people on stuff like this.
LostInAShaftOfSunlight

but you are the music while the music lasts...

« Reply #18 on: 16/06/09 @ 06:57 »

this is quite a pitifully brief addition to this thread, but i think the O.P. would really enjoy Russell's Problems of Philosophy (in case they haven't read it yet)

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/5827/5827-h/5827-h.htm#2HCH0003

Man, when I was young I shoved my ignorance in people's faces. They beat me with sticks. By the time I was forty my blunt instrument had been honed to a fine cutting point for me. If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you'll never learn.
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: 16/06/09 @ 07:01 »

Yes, good suggestion - a classic text. But... O.P? Odd philosophers? Old People? Orange Poltergeists?

This site is 100% free. To support it, you can Buy Books, Buy Art, Advertise, or Pay for Tutoring. For questions, please visit the FAQs.
wicked insanity

« Reply #20 on: 16/06/09 @ 08:57 »

Yes, good suggestion - a classic text. But... O.P? Odd philosophers? Old People? Orange Poltergeists?
Original poster.

No i haven't already seen them but i will certainly look into it.
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: 16/06/09 @ 09:28 »

Ah - I still prefer Orange Poltergeists! Grin

Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: