Philosophy Online Forum  
27/01/10 @ 02:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2905 times)
emahwoowoo

« on: 19/10/08 @ 15:45 »

Hi Everyone!

There seems to be no one on here atm...seems like I'm one of the first people to join this forum??

If anyone else is out there, give me a shout Smiley

xoxo,
Emma
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: 19/10/08 @ 17:35 »

Hi Emma!

Welcome to the forum. Yes, you are pretty much the first. The forum only went live on Friday, so there's not been much time for people to join. However, I'm sure people will start joining up soon enough.

In the meantime, feel free to post any questions or thoughts you have. If you're after general advice on a topic, then make a post in the relevant section - I'll respond, at least!  Grin

Anyway, thanks once again - and enjoy the site.

This site is 100% free. To support it, you can Buy Books, Buy Art, Advertise, or Pay for Tutoring. For questions, please visit the FAQs.
maurice73

« Reply #2 on: 22/10/08 @ 04:05 »

hello out there, this is my first time ever joining a live chat. i bet you are wondering where have i been for the last 20 years or so.
maurice73

« Reply #3 on: 22/10/08 @ 04:07 »

any way guys i am a first year philosophy student who is someone confused on a few issues wondering if any one out there could help me out some?Huh??
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: 22/10/08 @ 07:49 »

Hello Maurice,

Welcome to the forum. This is not "live chat", so you'll have to wait for any responses you get I'm afraid!

If you have a particular topic you want help with, please post it in the relevant category. If this is not listed, simply start a topic in the "Other Philosophical Topics" section of the "General" category.

I look forward to your comments.
« Last Edit: 22/10/08 @ 09:27 by Gareth Southwell » Logged

This site is 100% free. To support it, you can Buy Books, Buy Art, Advertise, or Pay for Tutoring. For questions, please visit the FAQs.
axw820

« Reply #5 on: 29/05/09 @ 21:12 »

Hey Emma. Yeah... This sight really is a bit dead... And you said that 7 months ago... Get more people online! It could work really well if there were more people...
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: 29/05/09 @ 21:31 »

Well, as others have pointed out Alex, this site works a bit differently to others: You post, I answer. Anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion, but I will at least guarantee that I will give any serious question my thoughtful response - which, if you are a student, can be quite handy, I think.

LostInAShaftOfSunlight

but you are the music while the music lasts...

« Reply #7 on: 31/05/09 @ 02:54 »

The interesting thing is that some of the threads have over a thousand views.  Maybe it's not dead, just hibernating. (chrysalis...butterfly?)

There are many reasons for it.  Nietzsche has perhaps already suggested one? Beyond Good and Evil 'section' 65 (this can be looked up online).

In one sense (for the patrons and not the proprieter), it doesn't matter how many people there are.  Just post your questions and comments.

Man, when I was young I shoved my ignorance in people's faces. They beat me with sticks. By the time I was forty my blunt instrument had been honed to a fine cutting point for me. If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you'll never learn.
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: