Philosophy Online Forum  
09/06/11 @ 07:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weiskrantz and Davies (eds) - Frontiers of Consciousness  (Read 2510 times)
Gareth Southwell
Administrator

« on: 07/01/10 @ 18:20 »

A challenging and varyingly accessible collection of contributions to the contemporary debate on the problem of consciousness.

Read the full review here: www.philosophyonline.co.uk/philosophy-books/reviews/frontiers-of-consciousness.php

Please add any comments you have below.

This site is 100% free. To support it, you can Buy Books, Buy Art, Advertise, or Pay for Tutoring. For questions, please visit the FAQs.
Scott
Teachers

« Reply #1 on: 06/10/10 @ 12:00 »

An interesting review. I had come across this on Amazon whilst creating a wishlist for my MA dissertation. I want to explore animal consciousness, possibly with a view to establishing an argument for vegetarianism as a moral obligation... Actually, that's a bit tongue-in-cheek, I need to do a lot of reading around before I can put pen to paper and I have other projects - AI, Dennet and Wittgenstein, Buddhism and moral theory - to get finished first(and started, in fact in the latter case). There certainly seem to be a couple of very relevant chapters in this for me, so I'll keep checking Amazon and see if there's a cheaper edition this time next year! Thanks for the review.
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: